676 N St Clair St, Chicago, IL 60611
Closed Sun, Mon-Thurs 5-10 PM Fri 6-11, Sat 5-11 PM
One of only a handful of fine French restaurants in the city. Tru is very close to the top, if not the top. If it’s fine dining at it’s best, it’s TRU
If you plan to dine at Tru, you should know the dress code is formal. In the upscale Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant, you’ll see suited men and women discussing business across from the white-cloth-covered tables, while couples look a tad more casual in the navy crushed-velvet banquettes. Men must don jackets in the elegant white dining room, and ties are optional. Ladies, if you’re at Tru for a work-related dinner, slacks or a conservative dress will do. Those who are visiting the Chicago restaurant on a date or just for the novelty of trying chef Anthony Martin’s multicourse progressive French tasting menus can be more relaxed in their attire, as long as it’s tasteful — I spied women in sparkly tops with black pants and flirty dresses with matching cardigans during my dinner. Be sure to leave the jeans, shorts and sneakers at home.
Features: Tru Restaurant in Chicago serves delicious French cuisine and wines. Guests have their choice from a wine list of over 1,800 selections!
Why We Dine: Tru Restaurant Chicago offers several popular dishes that are worth the splurge. The top-notch service makes guests feel completely relaxed. This top French restaurant in Chicago has a talented staff, which ensures every dining need is thoughtfully anticipated and met.
- Ambiance: Tru Chicago Restaurant envelops guests in a formal and accommodating ambiance. Perfect for special occasions, this restaurant allows guests to feel like royalty for an evening by providing genuinely friendly service.
- Prix-Fixe Menu: Enjoy a well-rounded meal with three parts at Tru Chicago Restaurant. The evening begins with a fine appetizer, the hearty main course wows the palate, and the night ends on a sweet note with perfect homemade dessert.
- Wine List: Tru Restaurant Chicago’s skilled sommelier has assembled a wine list of close to 2,000 exquisite wine selections. Hailing from around the world, these fine drinks take guests on an intriguing culinary journey when paired with their food.
Inside Knowledge: Tru Restaurant Chicago regularly holds a special event called “The Kitchen Experience”. Guests can get a behind-the-scenes look at Tru Chicago Restaurant’s chefs and waitstaff efficiently preparing the restaurant before dinner hours begin. Champagne and small bites are served during this Tru Chicago Restaurant program.
- Bay Scallops: Tru Restaurant Chicago’s delicate pieces of scallop are perfectly complemented by the thin strips of bacon atop each morsel.
- Atlantic Halibut: Moist and flavorful, Tru Chicago Restaurant’s thick serving of fish comes with braised fennel and olive.